It’s almost hard for me to believe that one year ago today I started my blogging journey and wrote my first blog post for La Mia Bella Vita.
I used my first post as a way to put my hopes and dreams for the next year out into the universe. So how did my year measure up?
- Travel more: Completed! Travels since my first post included Palm Springs, Utah, Philadelphia and Italy.
- Travel all over Europe / maybe live in Europe someday: Somewhat completed. I did travel all over Italy for about a month, and I did have a layover in London. So I am thinking that technically I did travel across Europe. And by staying for almost one month, could I consider that I “lived” there for a bit too??
- See bright blue water: Check! Blue Grotto in Capri (post coming soon)
- Try new foods: This one was easy for me, but yes, I did try a lot of new foods this year: Zoodles, Meatless Monday, Oysters, Spanish Tapas, and Cauliflower Rice just to name a few.
- Dance new dances: I started Tap Dance lessons, and I’m lovin’ it!
- Learn new languages: I have been studying Italian for the past year.
- Soak up all that life has to offer: Offroading, the Narrows, camping, and generally trying to give my all everyday.
Wow, so I have to be honest – I think that my Mom is really onto something here. Her “put it out into the universe, and the universe will provide” advice completely worked. I feel so completely blessed to look back at this past year, and my first post, and see that all of my hopes and dreams came true. I couldn’t have asked for a better year.
So I am going to follow my Mom’s advice again for this year. Okay universe, you ready?
I really want to buckle down and become more tech-saavy this year – really vamp up the blog with more information about me, share more pictures, and generally streamline it a bit more. I would also love to continue to work on my writing and my voice on the blog, and probably have a little more self control when it comes to exclamations!!!!!! (Sometimes I can’t help my excitement!)
I want to start working with more companies that I am passionate about, and get the opportunity to share my experiences with you.
I want to travel to more new places this year. See even more blue water, and swim in turquoise blue waters without being deathly afraid of the fish swimming with me. I would even love to learn how to surf.
I would love to go to New York Fashion Week next year. I want to continue studying Italian and get even closer to becoming fluent. I want to dance even more this year, love more, and be goofy more.
I want to spend less time worrying about what other people think, and just be my crazy self :) I want to continue to find my passions in life, and follow my heart and my dreams without letting anything or anyone get in my way (including myself for that matter).
This is going to be a great year, I can feel it in the air. I can’t wait to see where this year will take me, what adventures I will have, and all the good to come. Okay universe, let’s do this!