I like to think of myself as an independent thinker. But at the same time, I am amazed at how easy it sometimes feels to be influenced by the things that I see on social media. And this ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat is a perfect example. I had been hearing people talk about the benefits of an acupressure mat across social media for what felt like years. And since I do deal with some back and shoulder pain on and off, my interests were definitely peaked. So finally after about six months of having it sit in our Amazon cart, I finally decided to pull the trigger. Worst case scenario, it would do nothing.
After the box arrived, the mat sat lonely and unused for about two weeks. I kept saying to Ryan, “. . .I’ve really got to just sit down and give this a try.” But I kept putting it off. And not really for any particular reason. Maybe I was just feeling a little bit unsure about this new (for me) and slightly strange (to me) modality for healing. But one afternoon when my back was particularly unhappy, and my heating pad, stretches and body roller just weren’t doing the trick, I knew that it was time. So I pulled the mat out of the box, dusted it off (literally), read the instructions, and lay myself down.
“Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, OUCH!” This mat is really pokey. Like seriously, no joke pokey. Like really and seriously not for the faint of heart pokey. But in spite of my initial shock to the pokey factor, I kept with it for the suggested 10 minutes. Yep, I laid on those 7,992 little pokers, and I did my best to just breathe through the discomfort.
To my surprise, the pain of lying on the mat started to subside after about five minutes. My back started to warm up, and believe it or not, I was actually able to relax for probably the last minute. After my timer reminded me that my ten minutes had passed, I rolled myself up (which was arguably the most painful part), I stood up, and my back was pain free!
It’s almost hard for me to believe the immediate and lasting affects that I have gotten from using this acupressure mat just once a day for a few minutes. But the proof is in the pudding, and this torture device. . .um, I mean mat, is here to say.
ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat Benefits:
- I get relief from any pain or discomfort within minutes.
- My muscles feel nice and relaxed post-use.
- After using, I often have no pain resurface for the rest of the day.
- Mental clarity. My mind definitely feels refreshed after using the mat.
- When I use this at night before I go to bed, I fall asleep much easier.
- Better circulation. It feels like everything gets moving and flowing.
- Depending on your preference, you can use the mat with a towel, your clothing, or against your bare skin, and still receive effective results.
- At $19.99, the cost for what you are getting seems very reasonable.
- Using the mat can help to alleviate pain associated with headaches.
- The cotton covers are removable and hand washable.
- Because of its foam core, it could be easily packed and traveled with.
2 Replies to “ProsourceFit Acupressure Mat”
I can attest that it hurts for the first few minutes, changes to a burning sensation for the next few, and then somehow becomes oddly meditative and relaxing for the final few minutes!
I’m so glad that you’ve been enjoying this as well <3
Comments are closed.