Happy Fall everyone! Today is the First Day of Autumn, and as I’ve mentioned before, Fall is one of my favorite times of year (and probably my favorite season). Although the leaves may not change color or have that sweet smell in San Diego, the air changes and becomes a little cooler, and the stores become just as stocked with all of the fun candies and costumes.
flash back to fall, when my best friend was the scarecrow
Here is what I am looking forward to doing this Fall, along with pictures from last year’s festive activities:
- Burn my absolute favorite candle, Leaves
- Carve Pumpkins
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Go apple and pear picking in Julian (here are my recommendations)
- Dress up for Halloween – any ideas?
wednesday and fester addams
- Celebrate Oktoberfest
- Make caramel apples (here is my inspo for this year)
- Eat my favorite store-bought caramel apple, the Happy Apple
- Go to Boston and enjoy the Fall foliage
- Make homemade applesauce (here is my recipe)
- Go to Disneyland for Mickey’s Halloween Party
- Make our favorite pumpkin doughnuts (this recipe is killer)
- Make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (here is our tried and true recipe)
- Make a Fall soup
julia childs split pea soup
- Make pumpkin pancakes
- Roast chestnuts (thanks to my Father-in-law, who kindly ships us large bags of chestnuts from his trees every year)
- Try a new pumpkin recipe (this was last year’s home-run new recipe)
What fun things do you have planned for Fall? Am I missing anything? Leave your advice in the comments below, I would love some more great ideas!