Traveling light isn’t just something that I like to do, it’s something that completely sparks joy for me. But in my opinion, traveling light isn’t about making sacrifices, it’s about finding solutions. Over the years what I’ve found makes me happiest when we travel is to limit myself to packing just my “favorites.” And by limiting myself, I am able to avoid the much dreaded feeling that I am going to literally be weighed down by my luggage.
When it comes to hair tools though. . .well. . .that’s been a real struggle for me. I have never traveled with a hair dryer (because almost anywhere you will stay will have one) (including rental properties), but I have pretty much always traveled with both a flat iron and a curling iron. But let’s be real, when you’re only bringing one carry-on piece of luggage, that is some seriously precious real estate that we’re talking about.
So a few years ago I invested in five or six different “travel” size flat irons and curling irons, and I put them to the test. And you know what? It was miserable. Yes, their voltage converted properly while in Europe. And yes, they took up far less room in my luggage than a full-size tool. . .but they were also so tiny that it literally took me about two hours to curl my hair.
But after a recently reinvigorated search (and a lot of product testing), I have found the tool. Yes, just one tool. Here are the features that completely sold me on the AmoVee 2 in 1:
- The heat is automatically set around 400°.
- When plugged into an adapter, it’s voltage automatically converts.
- It comes with a heatproof travel case.
- Personally I find the white and gold design to be aesthetically pleasing.
- For what you are getting, it is extremely reasonably priced at $28.
- It is slightly smaller than your full-size hair tools, but definitely not too small to still quickly get the job done. (And as a reference point, I have very long hair.)
- And then the obvious. . .it’s a 2 in 1. Both a flat iron and a curling iron. And honestly, they both work equally awesome and completely on par with the much more expensive hair tools that I use at home.
2 Replies to “2 in 1 Travel Hair Tool”
I need this-I always try to just take a carry-on and space is truly at a premium!
I’m so glad that you are interested Emma…you will definitely love it!!
Comments are closed.