“One minute to midnight
One minute to go
One minute to say good-bye
Before we say hello”
~ Bing Crosby
Anyone else love this Bing Crosby song? (It’s famous from the movie Holiday Inn, which if you like White Christmas at all, my guess is you would love Holiday Inn.) I just love the lyrics – Bing hits the nail on the head for me, “Let’s watch the old year die, with a fond goodbye, and our hopes as high as a kite.”
In an attempt to “watch the old year die,” I’ve decided to revisit what my 2015 resolutions were. Here are my resolutions from last year – and updates of how they went:
- I want to work on being more in the moment, being present, and not always trying to multitask. I can definitely spend some more time working on this one. In some ways I think that I have gotten worse at doing too many things at once!
- I want to love myself at every moment! Definitely room for improvement.
- I want to try at least one new recipe ever month. Success – I have tried so many new recipes this past year.
- Dance more. Success – I have been taking Tap and Hawaiian and recently took up a major interest in Just Dance.
- Garden. (Or at least try to not kill as many plants as I did in 2014) I actually didn’t attemp to grow anything this past year. But I did buy a pack of tomato seeds in Italy that I am going to plant this spring.
- Work on my posture. Sorry Dad. You were always on me as a kid to stand up straight, and now I am wishing that I had been a little bit better of a listener. Oh man, sorry again Dad, this was a major fail.
- Write down 3 things that I am grateful for everyday. Even small things. Today’s were, 1. Second Chances 2. Fresh Air 3. Water Well…I started out pretty good with this one, but after a few weeks it really tapered off.
- Try new exercises. I tried several new ones at the start of 2015, but a bad sprained ankle kept me out of the loop for several months.
- Work on updating my blog with more information and be more consistent with posting. Posting more consistently was a success, but more information? I think that you can all clearly see that I have yet to accomplish that.
- Possibly join some sort of social media….tweet tweet?!?! Success – I joined both Twitter and Instagram.
- Just laugh and have more fun! Definitely a success!
Reading through my resolutions from last year has given me a good idea about what I want to accomplish this year.
- Dedicate more time to blogging and being patient with myself as I figure these things out (technologically speaking).
- Once my ankle is fully healed: start running again, try more new exercises, and make a bigger effort to walk places and spend more time outside.
- Travel more and visit new and exotic places.
- Try to show more gratitude and continue to help others; share more small acts of great love.
- Really work on my posture this year (really).
- Continue to find more confidence in who I am, my voice, and what I have to share with the world.
- Get a piano and start playing again.
- Find more joy and laughter everyday.
Did you make resolutions for yourself? What’s on your list for 2016?