No terrible two’s around here, just terrifically two! Today La Mia Bella Vita turns 2! I can’t hardly believe that two years have passed by since I first started secretly blogging ( yep, I didn’t tell anyone for a good 6 or more months).
#fb with our sweet pup Chelsea – I am around 2 1/2 here
These past two years have been filled with a lot of ups and downs. There have been different challenges, including finding my voice, growing as a writer and simply growing as a blogger. There is no simple road to success, and I wouldn’t have these past 2 years any other way. I’ve still got a long way to go, but I already have so much to celebrate and be proud of.
Each year on my “blogging” birthday, which coincidentally falls on my real birthday, I like to announce my goals and dreams for the coming year (check out my very first blog post here and last year’s birthday post here). As I’ve mentioned before, “announcing to the universe,” as my Mom says, is a great practice of putting your intentions out into the world. So often we don’t say aloud what we want, for fear that it might not happen…but if you announce it, the universe will listen and provide.
So, here are my goals for Year Two of La Mia Bella Vita:
- Blog more about what I’m cooking, share my own personal recipes and continue to work towards finding a balance with it. (Click here and here if you are curious why I need balance with this.)
- Travel to new places and work on not having fear of the unknown or fear of missing out.
- Follow what brings me happiness and joy in life, and don’t let other peoples’ judgements or opinions get in the way of what I know is right for me and for my blog.
- Go to New York Fashion Week. (This was on the list this past year, but our travels to Thailand overlapped.)
- “Summer” in Italy and start blogging in Italian.
- Bite the bullet and change the theme of my blog. (I’ve been toying with this for a few months now.)
- Spend more time learning about the technical aspects of blogging – html, etc… (Insert concerned face here.)
- If I don’t have time to blog as much as I would like, or Instagram or whatever, don’t explain myself. Everyone gets busy, and that is 100%, completely okay.
- Build more relationships with fellow bloggers.
- Grow my social media accounts.
- Fall nine times, get up ten. Continue reaching out to companies that I am passionate about working with. Opportunities will come my way, I just need to keep pushing and never stop believing.
I’ve definitely had style and a creative flair from the beginning.