Clover Sonoma Organic Cream Cheese

So it sort of happened. Over time, but yeah it did. We sort of became “those” people. You know. . .those people who are maybe a little too aware of every single ingredient in their food. Those people who are in the grocery store reading food labels like novels. Yep, we’re those people. But at the same time, life is about balance. We definitely want the 90% of our life to be clean – no chemicals or additives, and no ingredients that we can’t pronounce – but the other 10%. . .well, you might find us snacking on Doritos, or leftover Halloween candy, or even grabbing an occasional Taco Bell. Balance.

The problem in all of this, is that once you start noticing and paying attention to what is in your food, you also suddenly become very aware of how many “things” are added to food. And to my surprise, this included cream cheese. In my head, cream cheese was just made of cream, right? Nope. Why did my beloved Philadelphia Cream Cheese need stabilizers in it? And why wasn’t it Non-GMO? And why couldn’t I easily find out if their cows were treated with rBST or not? Yep, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and I broke up a few months ago, sharing one final moment together in the dairy section of our local Target.

So the great cream cheese hunt began, and we basically tried out every Non-GMO, Organic and non-rBST cream cheese that we could get our hands on. But you know what? For as much as I love me some cream cheese, this was not very fun. As it turns out, not all cream cheeses are created equal. By a long shot.

Just as I was feeling ready to throw in the towel and rekindle my affair with Philadelphia, Whole Foods came in for the win with a new cream cheese on their shelves: Clover Sonoma Organic Cream Cheese.

We were immediately sold on the flavor and consistency of this cream cheese (which could easily be duped for Philadelphia), but here are the other perks that made Clover Sonoma Organic Cream Cheese a complete home run for us:

  • It is made from all Organic ingredients.
  • Organic always means Non-GMO.
  • It is Gluten Free.
  • Their cows are not treated with rBST.
  • Their farms are American Humane Association Certified.
  • It is locally made.

2 Replies to “Clover Sonoma Organic Cream Cheese”

  1. I’ve never even thought about switching cream cheese brands – I just have always had Philadelphia. Thank you for turning the light bulb on for me!

    1. Sure thing Will! I’m glad that it’s something that you’re interested in too!!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.